“Most places do not intentionally shut us out, they’re just lacking the right tools and knowledge. It’s so important for bands and promoters to be aware of the access barriers that their fans face, so they can work with venues to solve them.” – Hannah McKearnen, gig-goer and blogger."
Here at Truth & Lies, we fully support anything that helps increase accessibility for all audiences and Attitude Is Everything has come up with this simple guide for helping make gigs easier for disabled audiences to access.
The aim is to make performances as accessible as possible, even if a stage is up or down a flight of stairs - with the guide providing advice on:
- How to set up an accessible seated viewing area
- How to make your own DIY captions for lyrics
- Information to include on online event pages
- How to make an accessible flyer
- What you can do with shows at an inaccessible venue
Click on this link for the full article and free download of the guide!